On page SEO is basically optimized way of telling search engine why this particular page is built, what purpose of this page.
Here are the lists of things to do for on-page SEO
- So page name is very important, try to use the main keyword as page name, like we have kept “pageoptimization” as name of this page.
- Make sure the page url is meaningful and contain the main key words, here is an example of good url
- <h1> use keyword in header tag </h1>, think what term your potential user will use to find your service or content of the page.
you page should have only one H1 tag
- Put up a nice picture of your product or services that will convey the message, picture helps drawing attention more quickly than text
- Write a concise short description about the page just below the headline, even if you have long story to tell, “short description” is very important, it quickly tells the user about the usability of page without scrolling down till end
- Link out the important high quality external resources, services etc. this will indicate the clarity your page is trying to bring, thus will become favorite to search engine
- First loading is another key parameter in successful on-page SEO, so take off everything those are unrelated to the page, make sure page loads really first
- Use caching technique powerfully wherever possible, read more about caching
- Use internal linking of content on same page and within the site, in A tag use title property to write the keywords like <a href="#" title="on page seo">On Page SEO</a> , this will also bring better navigation experience for user.
Create image name with key words, like <img src="on-page-seo.jpg"> , and make sure every image has alt="key words" title="Key words" property