Here I want you learn how to create a website on your own, you don't need to look for any tools or seeking any help to create a webpage. You can create a responsive webpage without depending on any one.
This article is for small and medium size business owner, professionals and students,
who wants to create a website
but has these hesitation / doubt about website
- How the website look like, what to put up on website, idea is not yet clear
- whether it will work or not
- What would be the website designing cost
- whether he will have control over the site
- what if any changes required in future
To answer above all these uncertainty and doubt, and finally how to build a successful website, I am writing this article!
Learn website designing step by step
First understand why you want to create a website, you defiantly have some goal in mind, you may not have 100% clarity on your thought, but that will come eventually.
Write down all your thought on a paper, what you want your viewer to see on your website, Yes write on plain paper this way.
- Title of the Page, should be within 60 characters.
- Punch line or sub title if you can think of
- What picture you want to display first, select 3/4 beautiful pictures that will convey your business.
- What would be the name of your website, keep it short, so every can remember and type without spelling mistake
- Do you have any products or services ? or you want to create about some Hobby? or you want to provide some Tuition service?
- As you are creating website for first time, I think four pages would be enough (Home[index page], About, Contact, Service), Do you need anything more? you can do later, let's start
After doing this above task, you will have enough idea about your website, right !
Now let's understand the webpage structure, slightly technical, but don’t worry, you will be able to do that.
In basic website designing there are only two skill required HTML and CSS Style, here we do some basic page designing, so you can understand, then slowly you can learn HTML
and CSS Style
Create a page in plain notepad (if you don't have any html editor), save the page with .html
Now if you look at the above structure, there are Head and Body.
Head - Contain information like page title and meta description etc. this information will not appear on browser,
these are purely for search engine to find the page
Body – Contain information about what everyone see on browser, notice how to write image tag for showing picture on your webpage, then Html Tags like H1, Div
In above picture you can see how inline CSS Style
can be written on web page
Here is code you need in your webpage header,
<title>This is your page title</title>
<meta name="description" content="this is a short description about your webpage,
so search engine can find your page" />
Now let's look at the body code.
Note: Here we have added inline CSS code, though this is not best practice, but this will be the best way for you to learn CSS quicker
Top Navigation Start
This is your page title for Viewer, this will remain common for all pages
Top Navigation End, Left Navigation Start
Left Navigation End, Page Main Container Start
<h1>Page header </h1>
Write a short description about your website with some nice picture </div>
<img src="imagefolder/image-name.jpg" alt="image title" />
Page Main Container End
Now here is the code for your HTML page
Place the Head code here
Place the Body code here
Remember to save the file with .html
So this is how you can create free website for your business
, keep changing any number of times, don't have to depend on anybody, All you need a simple Notepad or download Notepad++ and some patience, and this way one day you may become professional web designer, Learn HTML
and CSS Style